Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 6 - Portraits/Luminosity & Enhancement



Lynlee W train car: F2.8, ISo 500, May 31 2009, Nikon DSC 50
For this weeks Photoshop trick we were to use the magnetic laso to select part of the image and use the replace color to change the look of an image. I used the laso to select the dress and change the color to a deep blue from it's original red. I then used the laso to select her hair and change her highlights to pink. She always tells me that it looks cute on my youngest sister so I thought I would give her that same look.





Look Away: F 2.8 1/125 S, ISO 500, May 31 2009, Camera Nikon DSC 50
Smiling: F2.8 1/125S, ISO 500, May 31st 2009, Camera Nikon DSC 50
Treehouse: F2.8, ISO 500, May 31st 2009, Camera Nikon DSC 50
Serious: F2.8, ISO 500, May 31st 2009, Camera Nikon DSC 50
For this weeks assignment we were to take several portriat shots developing our skills. I was at a family gathering in Idaho Falls and there was this cool old train car in my cousins yard that I was able to get a few pictures infront of. My little sister and my handsome newphew climbed into a treehouse and were picture ready. My wife was also willing to pose for a few shots.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice pictures your color change turned out great I think it works better with solid colors I could not get mine to look that good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm - the Camera was a Nikon D300. Sheesh! Give my baby proper credit. JK. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shots! I love the one of your sister and nephew. It has a lot of emotion in the shot. I plan to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures. I had to do a double take with the pink hair. The shirt was obvious, but I didn't see the hair until I saw it bigger. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drastic color change of the shirt and the hair. It really shows the different types of possibilites. You have great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color change it looks great! Great other shots too love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue really looks better with the red background. It is funny that those two colors have good contrasts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete